28 Apr, 2021 10 Truths to Teach Your Kids for Biblical Success
by Katrina Cheshire
Raising Successful Children
We have to acknowledge the Bible in order to succeed!
When we think of success, we might initially think of the world’s definition. Money, fame, achievements….the list can go on and on. However, when we look at Scripture, we see a very different definition of success!
The Bible defines success as righteousness and godliness (1 Timothy 6:11). Instead of chasing after the things of this world, we should be pursuing the things of the kingdom. Instilling these godly truths in our children at a young age can save them from a lifetime of regrets and bad choices!
What truths do they need to know?
The Character Corner has a wonderful list of 10 Principles to Teach Your Children for Biblical Success:
- If God’s against it, so am I. (Galatians 5:19-24)
- Every sin has its origin in your heart. (Proverbs 4:23)
- It is easier to keep the heart clean than it is to clean it after it has been defiled. (Proverbs 6:27-28)
- You cannot fight a fleshly appetite by indulging in it. (Ecclesiastes 5:10)
- Small compromises lead to great disasters. (Luke 16:10)
- Those who do not love the Lord will not help us serve the Lord. (John 5:18-20)
- Our sinful hearts do hurt those who follow us. (Romans 14:7)
- It is not possible to fight a fleshly temptation with fleshly weapons. (2 Corinthians 10:3-5)
- We lose our freedom to choose when we give in to temptation. The consequences of our choices are inevitable, incalculable, and up to God. (Proverbs 9:17-18)
- God balances guilt with blame. Accept the blame for your actions, and God will remove the guilt. (1 John 1:9)
Arm your children!
Teaching your kids these truths will help them succeed in life, the only way that truly matters! In a world that is becoming increasingly eviler, people, and especially children, who know the truth are becoming rarer and rarer. It is hard today to find a boy or girl who will stand up for righteousness and godliness, but it is a beautiful thing to see! But in order to do that, we have to give them these truths as a foundation!
Although there is nothing wrong with doing well and living a wise and fruitful life, make sure your children understand that these things are not the ultimate goal. Striving to do your best or achieving a high level of excellence can be great things, but the Scripture tells us that “godliness is profitable for all things.” (1 Timothy 4:8) As important as temporal things may seem, how much more important are the truths of eternity!
If your children succeed in the way of truth, they will have done well. All the things of this world will pass away, but the ways of the Lord will endure forever. By preparing their hearts for the kingdom of heaven, your children will be laying up a treasure that can never fade away or be destroyed!
“Whoever speaks on their own does so to gain personal glory, but he who seeks the glory of the one who sent him is a man of truth; there is nothing false about him.”
Katrina Cheshire is a home school and Bible college graduate and the author of Seller of Dreams. She is passionate about good stories and the power they can have in shaping a life.
With seven siblings her life is full of adventure and excitement! She loves to design and sew clothing. She enjoys writing endless stories and read even more of them. You can find her making music with her brothers and sisters or dancing for the glory of God.
Download Our New Counter Culture Mom App to become part of the Counter Culture Crusade and find our PREMIUM content to get the most urgent trending news and pop culture alerts!
PREMIUM people are loving The Buzz Room! Get support from other people like you who want to rewrite the script Hollywood has written for today’s youth!
Be sure to tip us off to any alarming issues or something you would like to have us write about! Our mission is to help parents deal with today’s lifestyle trends and how to biblically navigate them, and we appreciate your input!