In this adult session, Tina Marie Griffin informs parents how today’s entertainment is impacting the youth & equips them with tools on how to protect them.
Raising Counter Culture Kids in Today’s Media Mess
According to a Harrison Group Teen Trends study, “The average teenager spends 72 hours per week using the Internet, music, cell phone, television and video games and only 38.5 minutes per week participating in meaningful conversation with their parents.” Therefore, it is safe to say that our children’s world-view comes mostly from outside the home.
Our next generation is primarily being educated by what Hollywood claims is “harmless entertainment.” This is why I am on this mission. Having four children six and under, has helped me realize how important it is to stay up-to-date on today’s media so we can raise world-changers who will have a positive influence in our society.
Tina’s Hollywood Exposed presentation begins with a video expose’ of the top media ingested by our youth today. From cartoons, cable and TV, to YouTube, music videos and reality shows.
Tina shows celebrity interviews which reveal the behind-the-scene lifestyles of celebrities and how contradictory this is from what they promote. Many of them warning us to NOT watch the very entertainment they are getting paid to produce! In this show, parents are given tips and tools to help equip their children to become leaders despite what today’s media is pumping out on a daily basis.
Many positive entertainment choices are given throughout this show from TV shows, movies, video games, magazines, books and more. American Idol winners, Mandisa and Philip Phillips along with comedians like Tim Hawkins are just some of the clean celebs to follow. Choosing positive entertainment is a major factor in helping parents raise healthy, mature adults.
- how pop culture affects our beliefs and behaviors
- the impact media has on brain development for teens and toddlers
- the difference in box office sales between obscene and family-oriented flicks
- how to be safe on Facebook, chat rooms and while using apps like Snapchat
- video game ratings and cheat codes and help with video game addiction
- evaluating advisory warning labels
- the safest location for your computer in the home
- dangers and consequences of sexting & texting while driving
- warning signs and how to get help for bullying, cutting and suicide issues
In addition, these top parent questions will be answered:
- how do I stay updated on the latest pop culture trends?
- what are the best apps to have on my kids smartphone?
- how do I set house guidelines?
- how does a computer web filter work and where do I get one?
- how do I have honest open communication with my kids?
- how can I be respected when my kids’ friends have different “rules” to abide by?
- what are some great organizations I can collaborate with in my community?
Bob Pittman, founder of MTV, former CEO of AOL Time Warner and creator of iHeartRadio boastfully proclaims, “We’re dealing with a culture of teenage babies, they can watch TV, do their homework, and listen to music all at the same time. The strongest appeal you can make is emotional. If you can get their emotions going, make them forget their logic…you’ve got them. At MTV, we don’t shoot for the 14 year olds – We Own Them!”
Let’s team up to rewrite Hollywood’s script for our kids.
* Tina customizes her presentation to meet your specific needs.
TINA’S SPEAKING REEL