17 Jun, 2020 New Christian Comedy Shows What Happens When We Value Ourselves Instead of Family
by Katrina Cheshire
A new Christian comedy movie is coming out for PVOD release on June 19th! Selfie Dad is the inspiring story of a changed life and a changed family.
Starring Christian comedians Michael Jr. and Chonda Pierce, the film showcases the power of the Word of God and how it changes lives. It also features James Denton, Jamie Grace, and Karen Abercrombie (War Room). The film is packed with jokes and humor that will get the whole family laughing!
Selfie Dad Story
The movie follows the story of Ben Marcus, a reality TV editor who goes through a mid-life crisis and suddenly rises to fame as a YouTube star. In the meantime, his family is falling apart as his wife struggles with their relationship. Their teenage daughter is deceiving them, and their young son just wants some attention from his dad. In the end, Ben learns that he and his family can only find fulfillment in God’s Word. It takes some tough lessons to get them there, but the ending is a touching proof of the way in which God turns our lives around if we only let Him!
In this time of change and craziness, it is more important than ever to be reminded of what truly matters. Selfie Dad takes an honest look at the downhill route our lives take when we get wrapped up in things that won’t last for eternity. This movie is a reminder to get back to the truth of God’s Word. When parents take a stand, children have an example to follow! Let’s all choose today to turn away from sin and instead use the things of this world to bring God glory. Selfie Dad is a powerful example of what can happen when we live for the Lord!
Counter Culture Mom Challenge
- Watch the movie with your family as soon as it comes out on June 19th!
- Enter the sweepstakes on the Selfie Dad website for a chance to watch the movie for free.
- Talk with your kids about the power that the Bible can have in each one of our lives if we only let it. Encourage them to dig into God’s Word for themselves.
- Make sure your children understand the negative consequences that always come from deceiving their parents and God. This is powerfully shown in the movie, but it is always good to talk it over with your kids to make sure they understand.
- Use caution while viewing with children, as several mature themes are implied throughout the movie. While the movie is rated PG, there are a few rather sketchy implications. You are the best judge of what you allow your children to watch!
Katrina Cheshire is a home school and Bible college graduate and the author of Seller of Dreams. She is passionate about good stories and the power they can have in shaping a life.
With seven siblings, her life is full of adventure and excitement. She loves to design and sew clothing, write endless stories and read even more of them, make music with her brothers and sisters, and dance for the glory of God.